Lead others to enjoy all the deliciousness in the world. Take charge in creating a culture full of fun, excitement, and optimism. And, of course, challenge your team to stretch themselves and develop them to be successful at operating their restaurant.
- After 1 year, option of 1 week of pay or time off (based on average regular hours worked in past year)
- Premium Pay (1.5x) if wokring on New Year’s Day and Christmas Day
- Personal Leave of Absence (after 1 year, 1 week unpaid leave)
- Free On-Duty Meal
- 10% Employee Discount
- Direct Deposit
Position Title: Team Leader | Exemption: Non-Exempt | Reports To: Restaurant Manager | Date: February 2008
Responsible for ensuring consistent delivery of a “WOW” guest experience by being friendly, personable, and genuinely caring that the guest visit exceeds expectations. Primary responsibilities are focused on training, overseeing and/or performing workstation activities to ensure excellence in guest service, food quality/safety, as well as providing excellent internal service to restaurant team members.
Internal Service: Demonstrates actions that support the Service Profit Chain (SPC), Internal Service Pledge and My Promise to You. Displays a strong commitment to the restaurant team; supports a restaurant environment that is “employee friendly,” fun, clean, and safe; motivates and inspires employees to achieve high performance while adhering to Company procedures; treats all employees with respect and dignity; ensures personal and uniform cleanliness; helps and compliments restaurant team members; and makes new employees feel welcome and trains employees. Apprises management of potential issues/problems. Understands and utilizes JIB Grill systems, processes, and tools; and complies with all state and federal labor laws and regulations.
External Service: Models and encourages team members in a “guest comes first” attitude; has a genuine personality and smile, and displays a friendly, enthusiastic, and positive spirit; appreciates guests’ patronage and makes them feel welcome; is always polite and courteous; views each task as an opportunity to interact with guests, tailors service to meet diverse needs and expectations. Communicates clearly with guests in English or primary language spoken in restaurant’s area; converses with guests as appropriate. Ensures the timeliness, quality, and accuracy of all orders. Handles guest complaints effectively using the C.A.R.E. Model – courtesy, apology, resolution, extra effort.
Operating Workstations: Follows JIB Grill procedures and standards in performing all workstation activities. Is certified to work all workstations in the restaurant
- Front of Restaurant (Dine In, Drive-Thru, Table-Service) – Immediately acknowledges and welcomes guests; takes and clarifies orders, assists guests with menu selection as appropriate; enters order in system, collects monies, and makes change; directs guests to self-service drink, condiment, and dipping sauce bar as appropriate; and always thanks guests for visiting JIB Grill. Assembles order, ensures orders are prepared timely and accurately, and personally hands order to guest. Maintains cleanliness and stocking of workstation area.
- Back of Restaurant (Grill, Fryers, Prep, Assembly, Maintenance) – Preps, cooks, and assembles products in accordance with Company and food safety/quality procedures and standards; ensures only products of the highest quality are served to guests; discards unacceptable products. Maintains cleanliness and stocking of workstation areas. Supervises maintenance activities.
- Education – High School Diploma/GED or foreign equivalent preferred.
- Experience – Internal Promote: Minimum of 6 months JIB Grill experience or 1 year supervisory experience in a customer service business; must be 100% certified in all workstations.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Must be at least 18 years old; must complete Team Leader training classes. Requires ability to speak, read, and write effectively in English; and may require ability to speak another language to guests based on location of restaurant. Ability to read and understand written English, excellent interpersonal skills; ability to perform and understand basic math concepts (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division); ability to work well with diverse groups of people; proven analytical skills; and good organization and planning skills. Is a self-starter who takes initiative and willingly accepts responsibility. Basic knowledge of personal computers and related software applications.
- Physical Requirements – Ability to stand and walk approximately 90%-95% of shift; ability to lift and carry 10-65 lbs; ability to move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to take guests’ orders, operate a cash register, and read video monitors; ability to work in a very fast-paced environment.
Jack in the Box Hawaii will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly.