Team Member II
Hourly position for those who enjoys working independently in a fast-paced and high energy environment. The Team Member II position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to drive-thru guests and ensuring a hassle-free experience.
Position Title: Team Member II | Exemption: Non-Exempt | Reports To: Restaurant Manager | Department: JIB Restaurant Operations | Date: November 2020
Outside order taker responsible for delivering a “WOW” guest experience for drive-thru guests by consistently providing excellent face to face interaction. Ability to provide undivided attention and ensure accuracy needed. Secondary responsibilities include working inside the restaurant to perform one or more workstations in accordance with proper procedures and Company food safety, guest service, and cleanliness standards.
External Service: Models a “guest comes first” attitude; has a genuine smile, and displays a friendly and positive spirit; appreciates guests and makes them feel welcome; is always polite and courteous. Listens and communicates clearly with guests in English. Ensures the timeliness, quality, and accuracy of all orders; conveys a sense of urgency. Handles guest complaints effectively using the C.A.R.E. Model – courtesy, apology, resolution, extra effort.
Internal Service: Gets along well with other team members and always shows care and respect; demonstrates behaviors that provide for a fun, friendly, clean and safe environment; ensures personal and uniform cleanliness; helps and compliments other team members; makes new employees feel welcome and helps train employees as assigned.
Operating Workstations: Follows JIB procedures and standards in performing all workstation activities.
Guest Service(Dine In/Drive-Thru) – Immediately acknowledges and welcomes guests; takes and clarifies drive-thru orders and orders placed in the restaurant, assists guests with menu selection as appropriate; enters order in system, collects money, and makes change; makes sure that guests receive requested condiments; always thanks guests for visiting JIB. Assembles order, works with back-up position to ensure order is prepared timely and accurately, personally hands order to guest. Maintains cleanliness and stocking of work area.
Interior – Empties trash cans, sweeps and mops floors, vacuums carpet, washes tables and chairs, cleans windows and doors; cleans and stocks restrooms. Cleans miscellaneous interior items (i.e. dusts menu boards, order counter, etc.). Visually checks and inspects all areas for cleanliness.
Exterior – Sweeps and picks-up trash in parking lots, drive-thru area, sidewalks, and curbs. Empties trash cans, and cleans miscellaneous exterior items (i.e. – drive-thru menu board). Cleans drive-thru and dumpster slabs. Visually checks and inspects all areas for cleanliness.
Customer (Guest) Focus: Displays strong customer service skills, focuses on providing service to guests and ensuring a hassle-free experience. Is friendly and comfortable engaging in conversation with guests; makes guests feel welcome; has the ability to “read” the guests (i.e., facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc.). Maintains a calm and positive exterior presence when dealing with difficult situations or high volume periods.
Commitment: Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high energy, and team-oriented environment; is enthusiastic about working for JIB. Ability to follow procedures, multi-step instructions, and comply with Company standards. Willingly accepts feedback from management and other team members. Is dependable and reliable.
Team Skills: Is a good team player; always treats others with care and respect. Has a positive “can do” attitude and is always willing to help others and ask for assistance if needed.
Fundamental Skills: Ability to work independently, quickly learn new tasks, and ask questions if procedures aren’t clear; understands the importance of following procedures and complying with standards, and ensures tasks are performed correctly; seeks out opportunities to learn and improve skills. Demonstrates basic mathematical aptitude and good reading comprehension.
Work Ethic: Has high ethical standards; demonstrates integrity and honesty. Is productive, focused and on time.
Personal Appearance: Willingly accepts and complies with Company grooming and appearance standard. Practices good personal hygiene and ensures uniform is clean and neat.
- Education – Attending High School or graduate of High School/GED/foreign equivalent preferred. Continuing commitment to education and/or learning new skills.
- Experience – Customer service experience in the food & beverage area preferred; experienced in using POS systems and tablets.
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities – Must be at least 15 1/2 years old. Ability to work independently and consistently provide excellent service; understands, reads, and communicates clearly in English; able to perform basic math (add, subtract, multiply); can perform multiple tasks at once; works effectively in a team environment; strong verbal skills and accuracy.
- Physical Requirements – Able to stand and walk approximately 90%-95% of shift; ability to lift and carry 10-50 lbs; ability to listen to guests’ orders, operate a cash register, and read video monitors; ability to move freely throughout the restaurant; ability to operate restaurant equipment.
Jack in the Box Inc. will make reasonable accommodations to allow a qualified individual with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities and to perform the essential functions of the job. This position description should be applied accordingly.
- Medical Insurance (waiting period may apply)
- Optional Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance (waiting period may apply)
- Company Paid Life Insurance (waiting period may apply)
- Premium Pay (1.5x) if working on New Year’s Day and Christmas Day
- Personal Leave of Absence
- On-Duty Meal Credit
- Employee Discount